Dancing with the Daffodils

August 24th is the Daffodil day in Australia. This is charity movement for Cancer Patients that internationally recognized since many years ago.  But I didn’t know that.

I just walked in to the Woolworths to buy grocery and et cetera.   All of a sudden, heaps of beautiful yellow flowers make me stopped. Then I learnt that  it is Daffodil , to be precisely -  Daffodil of Wordsworth.  As irony would have it, I have encountered Wordsworth’  Daffodil in the Woolworths  store.  I amused myself.  

One bunch costs 6 $ and  written in a folder that every 1$ goes to Cancer foundations.  Six dollars is  affordable compare with other flowers posy.  I grab one and went home with a light heart.

In the next day, I flipped over the local newspaper and found out the story behind these yellow flowers which now stand and hang in my vase. All these daffodils are symbol of arrival of Spring and just came from nearby  beach town, is called Esperence  for this very day of Daffodil , now happened to be yesterday. 

I make a glimpse to the corner where they stand. They look different to me now. They are no more just another yellow  beautiful flower.  More so, their bell -shaped orange bulbs  are giving Hope…their disc-like yellow petals  are showing new beginning, as it is written in the newspaper.  I should have known their integrity, dignity and humble tribute to nature.  At least I could have captured their image of being with me.  Why not – I simply  took  photo opportunity.


HOPE


Fortunately, one of my friend who greatly fond of classic literature (possibly of her legacy ) have seen  this picture and asked me if it is Wordsworth’s. 
What a nice coincidence ! 


OK ! Ma J.. let’s recall Wordsworth to recite his Daffodil……


"Daffodils"

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils. 

                                                 -(William Wordsworth)-

How soothingly our minds are weaving and dancing along these wild flowers. I promise I will definitely try to get chance ( not even opportunity) to see them in next spring as if it would be in their own posture, blossoming in a wild and a vast, like Wordsworth had had.

Kay
(3:47 pm, 28 August 2012)


New Beginning
to Junior Win-  



Share/Bookmark

0 Comments: